Open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm and Tuesday until 8 pm.
To help you in your job search, the following resources are available in our Resource Room:
- 20 computers with Internet access
- Computers for customers with disabilities
- Staff well qualified to assist you
- Assistance with job search and job referrals
- Tips for writing resumes and professional letters
- How to complete Job applications on the Internet
- Creating and accessing email accounts
- Use of fax machine and copiers
- Access to phones for work or unemployment calls
- Microsoft Office - Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Resume Maker - A program with forms to summarize
- JobZone and My Next Step - A program with information from various professions
- Mavis Beacon - A program for improving typing speed and accuracy
- OPAC - Proficiency Assessment Office (Proficiency Assessment Office) - Typing the official exam for public administration for Onondaga County
- O*NET Online - Descriptions and perspectives of many professions
- Information on community resources
- Workshop and Computer class sign-up
- Recruitments and Informational sessions
- File for UI benefits via telephone or computer
We ask you to abide by the following:
1. Check in at the front desk when using our facilities.
2. Refrain from bringing any food or drink into the resource room.
3. Help maintain CNY Works as a quiet place for all customers to conduct business:
• If you must bring children to the One-Stop, you must keep them quiet and under control.
• Cell phones must be turned off or turned to mute/vibrate while inside our office.
• Cell phone conversations should not be held in the resource room.
• Shouting, abusive or offensive language, intoxication, violence, etc., will not be tolerated.
4. Use the resource room computers for job search purposes only – personal use of One-Stop computers is not allowed.
5. Limit computer use as directed by staff (2 hours) on busy days when other customers are waiting to use the computers.
6. Help protect your privacy by saving documents to a disk or e-mailing to yourself. Many customers use the computers, so do not save your documents to the hard drive.
7. Please do not remove any books, newspapers, videos or materials from the One Stop. These resources must remain on the premises for all to use.
In addition, please:
1. Act professionally – be polite and courteous to staff and other customers.
2. Dress in a manner that is appropriate for the work place. You must wear shoes and shirts. See-through clothing, clothing with offensive language, or bathing attire is not allowed.
3. The Resource Room opens at 8 am and closes promptly at 5 pm each day, except Tuesdays when we are open until 8 pm. If you are unable to complete a project by 5 pm or 8 pm on Tuesdays, staff can assist you in saving your work.
4. Treat other customers and staff with respect. Please do not interrupt staff while they are working with other customers.
5. CNY Works &/or the NYS Dept. of Labor are not responsible for any loss or theft of personal items.
In reading these requirements, I understand and will follow the guidelines and adhere to staff directives while using the One-Stop Center. Failure to do so may result in you being asked to leave the One-Stop, restrictive use of the One-Stop or being banned from future use of the One-Stop.
-Thanks for your cooperation in keeping the CNY Works Resource Room a professional and safe environment!