Assistant to the Executive Director
Title: Assistant to the Executive Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Date: December, 2011
CNY Works is a not for profit (501 (c)(3)) corporation and serves as the Onondaga County Workforce Investment Board. CNY Works has been designated by local government (City of Syracuse and Onondaga County) to administer the workforce development funds targeted for the CNY area. CNY Works functions as the apolitical convener of business, economic development and community agendas to define workforce system goals, garner resources and support growth and development of the local and regional economy. On an operational level, CNY Works provides services to help develop attract and retain workforce talent in the Central New York region by providing skill development, training, education services, information, and career resources for job seekers and businesses.
Working under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the full-time Assistant to the Executive Director will assist the Executive Director to:
· Manage organization’s interaction with Board of Directors,
· Develop and maintain organization’s human resource systems,
· Develop and maintain organization’s communications with staff, partners, stakeholders and general public,
· Develop and manage special projects, services and activities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage organization’s interaction and communication with Board of Directors including scheduling Board/Committee meetings, writing reports, writing and maintaining official record of Board/Committee Committee meetings.
· Develop and implement plan to enhance Board capacity and engagement including Board member orientation, development and strategic planning.
· Work with representatives of Mayor’s (Syracuse) and County Executive’s Offices to identify potential Board members.
· Develop and maintain all human resource policies and procedures for organization including employee handbook; staffing plan – including EEO policies, job descriptions, recruitment and selection processes/strategies; benefits administration – including health/dental insurance, 401K plan; new employee orientation, staff training and development; performance appraisals, progressive discipline; and wage and salary administration.
· Provide internal control of human resource functions of automated time and attendance system.
· Assist Executive Director to develop and implement special workforce development projects.
· Assists with the management of the Executive Director’s calendar and attends meetings or events in her place as appropriate.
· Perform other duties as directed by the Executive Director.
· Master’s Degree in business administration, human resources, public administration or related field preferred; Bachelor’s Degree in same or similar field required. A minimum of five years experience in the areas of workforce development programs, human resources, recruitment or training required;
· A minimum of five years experience in supervising and training staff required;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and judgment; and
- Good team player.
- Qualified applicants should email resume and cover letter to: HR@CNYWorks.com
- CNY Works must receive resume and cover letter by January 11, 2012.
CNY Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer.